At Maxim Smith, we help individuals resolve their most complex general family law disputes. Located in St. Paul, our firm represents individuals and families in the Twin Cities metro area and the surrounding suburbs. International family lawyer St.paul MN also serve clients throughout the United States and around the world.
Lawyer Allison Maxim: Providing Experienced, Effective Family Law Representation
When family disputes rise to the level where legal intervention is necessary, it is important to hire an experienced, knowledgeable divorce attorney to protect your interests and your family.
Attorney Allison Maxim has both the legal and practical knowledge and understanding of family law. In addition to being a lawyer, Ms. Maxim also holds a master’s degree in clinical psychology. This experience is important to the way we build legal strategies. We consider the impact interpersonal relationships and family structure have on the entire family unit. Based off this information, we build legal solutions that not only resolve our clients’ legal issues, but also provide the framework for a healthier, happier future.
At family law attorney St.paul MN – Maxim Smith, we care about our clients and their families. Together, we will resolve your family law dispute, preserve your parental rights and protect the best interests of your children.
Divorce and Family Law
- How are assets and liabilities divided in a divorce?
- How does our debt get divided in the property settlement?
- Must I include a mutual fund I acquired before we got married as part of the property settlement?
- In what situations might I have to pay spousal maintenance?
- What can I do if my spouse doesn’t pay the spousal maintenance provided for in the divorce decree?
- Can the original decree be changed if my ex has been given a big promotion?
- How is child support calculated?
- Are there rules about how I must use (or spend) child support payments?
- What can I do if my spouse doesn’t pay the child support provided for in the divorce decree?
- What is legal custody?
- What is physical custody?
- How does the fact that my spouse is an alcoholic factor into custody and support issues?
- My ex has anger management issues. I’m afraid the kids might get hurt with my ex. What can I do?
- How can my spouse’s postings on social media be used in custody decisions?
- Can I modify our original child support order to compel my ex to help pay for our daughter’s braces?
- Is there a way to change the parenting time in our divorce decree so I can see my kids more often?
- What is a parenting plan?
Looking for a Simple Solution? Consider Friendly Divorce.
For several years Allison Maxim has been assisting clients who want to amicably divorce by preparing the documents that incorporate their agreement and guiding them through the court process to finalize their divorce. No fuss. No fights. Allison developed Friendly Divorce to make an amicable uncoupling streamlined and accessible. Learn more about Friendly Divorce >
Dakota County Divorce Attorney Representing Clients Throughout The Twin Cities
At Maxim Smith, we help individuals rebuild their lives after divorce.
When two people decide to divorce, one life must be divided into two. During that process many important decisions regarding property division, child custody and spousal and child support must be made. These decisions have a great impact not only on parent-child relationships and family structure, but also on each spouse’s financial health for years to come.
During a divorce, marital assets and debts must be divided. At Maxim Smith, we understand that important and lasting financial implications can result from dividing assets and dividing debt. When high net worth assets are involved, property division decisions become even more important. At Maxim Smith, we thoroughly evaluate all of our clients’ assets, and their spouses’ assets, to ensure that property is fairly divided.
We also help individuals modify their child custody and support orders to better reflect the realities of current living and financial situations. Sometimes trial courts will make mistakes in dividing property or determining support.Ms. Maxim has experience representing clients in the Minnesota Court of Appeals on these matters.
Domestic violence and abuse impact many Minnesota families. There is help. At Maxim Smith, attorney Allison Maxim assists clients in obtaining or defending against Orders for Protection and Harassment Restraining Orders with the goal of assisting clients in protecting themselves, their interests, and their children and preventing additional abuse or allegations of abuse from occurring in the future. Learn more >
No one looks forward to getting divorced. You may have decided it’s the best option for your mental health, your children, and your future, but it’s still a gut-wrenching decision to make. Now, wi...
For several years, Maxim Smith Family Law has been assisting clients who want to amicably divorce by preparing the documents that incorporate the agreement they have reached and guiding them through t...
You continue to have access to justice and the ability to defend your constitutional rights during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, in order to protect the public’s health and safety, Minnesot...